Artrageous Denouement: Art Contest Winners!
Winners of the Artrageous Art Contest?!
We'll be honest, we think you're ALL winners! Every one of the thirty-plus talented artists who entered were gifted and extraordinary, and we also appreciate all of YOU who came out and participated in all of the art, food, entertainment, music, beverages, and fun that WAS Artrageous. We remember it all, the chefs and their fantastic and flavorful cooking demonstrations, the artists and their own creative and curiosity-stimuling presentations, the roving street musicians, the special offers and discounts in local businesses, the smiles, the tastes, the joys of Artrageous....but we digress!
Back to the art contest! Over the past few weeks, scores of immensely talented artists entered to compete for cash prizes and public accolades; the contest launched on Friday, April 20, a panel of four illustrious jurors voted, the public (that’s us! You and me!) voted, winners were selected, and prizes were announced and awarded after the full day of Artrageous festivities were celebrated on May 5.
Here's the line-up of the winning artists and their lovely work:
- Of the 2,000 popular votes cast, Triumphant Spirits #1 "Joy" by Barbara Edwards was the overwhelming public Best of Show winner, along with the Judges' Choice in Oils/Pastels/Watercolor category,
- The Jury-Choice Best of Show went to Bob Binn's "Gettysburgers", a transparency on sheet metal,
- Excellence in Photographic Arts was awarded to Rebecca Plotnick,
- Judges' Choice Sculpture/Woodworking went to Rick Clubb's Bust of Sam Elliott,
- Judges' Choice in Jewelry/Clothing/Wearable Art/Design/Textiles category was Deborah Hirshfield's "Gut Reaction".
We THANK YOU ALL for participating!