North Avenue Beach
North Avenue Beach is one of Chicago's most popular beaches, providing more than 875,000 square feet of beach extending north to Fullerton Ave. The focal point is the sleek, ocean liner-inspired blue and white beach house featuring upper decks and portholes for looking at the magnificent horizon or the multitudes of bikers, runners, walkers and rollerbladers streaming down the lakefront trail.
North Avenue Beach offers an array of amenities and recreational opportunities for beach goers to enjoy that include:
- Castaways Bar and Grill is the best location on North Avenue Beach for great food and ice cold drinks. The first level features an ice cream café and beachside burgers with casual walk-up stands. The rooftop features tasty appetizers, sandwiches, fresh salads and refreshing desserts.
- Rent, repair or buy a bike from Lakeshore Bike 'n Tune.
- NAB Sports offers one of a kind open-air sports facility at North Avenue Beach offering roller hockey, dodgeball, fitness classes, hockey and dodgeball tournaments, and exciting special events.
- Sun and Moon Beach Yoga offers outdoor beach yoga seven days a week at North Avenue Beach for all levels during sun-rise, late morning and during the sunset.
- Boucher Brothers offering top of the line luxury lounge chairs and large umbrellas.
- Food concessions from Pronto Pups offering beverages and hotdogs on a stick, Stefani's Restaurant next to hockey rink and cotton candy.
- Great Lakes Board Company offers beach goers a chance to hit the waves with wakeboard and paddle board rentals.
- Kayak Chicago, the premier full service outfitter in Chicago, offers kayak rentals at North Avenue Beach.
- Rent jetskis from Windy City Watersports!
- Retail vendor selling Havaianas Sandals.
- Retail vendors selling clothes, sundries, souveniers and beverages.
- Rent volleyball courts and equipment by calling (312) 742-3776. Courts rent for $10 per hour. Equipment rental is $5 with valid ID. Reserve up to six days in advance.
There is an ADA accessible beach walk and restrooms available. Three ATM machines located at the beach house. Distance swimming is available at beaches 3 & 4 (north of boathouse), parallel to shore. Paid parking lot is also available with limited parking; therefore, public transportation is highly encouraged.
Location1600 N. Lakeshore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60613
Get Driving Directions »